Sweet Pickins Milk Paint
Pint Bag – Sweetwater
True Milk Paint, VOC Free
A powdered paint to be mixed with water as per packaging instructions.
Out of stock
Sweet Pickins Milk Paint is a true milk paint which comes in powder form, is environmentally safe and non-toxic. There is a slight milky odour when it is applied, but it is completely odourless when dry. Our milk paint is 100% VOC free and is made with all natural earth ingredients.
– To make the paint, you simply mix the powder with warm water. Each bag makes up one pint (just under 500mls) when mixed. One package will cover 36 sq. ft., which is approx. 2 smaller dressers or 5-6 chairs. How far the paint goes will depend upon your painting technique, how thick/thin you mix the paint, how many coats you do and the contrast between the colour your are painting compared to the piece your are painting.
– There is minimal prep work with milk paint!
– Add Extra – Bond when painting over a non-porous or previously finished/painted piece of furniture. The Extra – Bond will ensure adhesion and give you better control over chipping. I highly recommend to always have the Extra – Bond on hand when using milk paint. Milk paint is known for its unpredictability when not using the Extra – Bond.
– Because milk paint comes in a powder form, you can control how thick/thin you mix the paint. You can use it as you would regular paint, thinner for a wash/stain or thicker to create texture.
– Milk Paint can naturally chip or crackle when applied over some existing finishes. This can result in an authentic look reminiscent of a chippy/aged/timeworn piece of furniture.
– Sweet Pickins Milk Paint colours can be mixed together to achieve your own custom colours. Remember to keep your ratios if you want to recreate the color!
– Sweet Pickins Milk Paint can be top coated with any available product on the market, although the most popular today is wax. To protect milk paint from water spots and marking, it must be top coated.
– Many variations in colour and texture naturally occur on milk painted pieces and this is completely normal! These unique variations which only come with true milk paint, add depth and dimension to each project.
– You can use the same techniques for distressing and glazing milk paint as you would any other paint.
Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Full instructions on how to use Milk Paint are included on packaging.
Detailed step by step tutorials can be found HERE.
|Dimensions||13 × 6 × 20.5 cm|